At present the site comprises a D1 Church Hall. The site benefits from car parking (approx. 5 spaces) on the west boundary and land around the site, set over approximately 0.0708ha (0.175 acres).
The Church Hall is of masonry construction, built in the 1970s, which is accessed from Carnegie Street and comprises an open plan hall area with 4.22m ceiling height, high level windows, suspended fluorescent lighting, gas central heating and a kitchen servicing the hall. There is also a fitted kitchen off the main space. The Church Hall has an approx. NIA of 2,567 sq. ft. (238 sq. m).
The western boundary runs parallel to Caledonian Road, and Carnegie Street forms a natural border to the north. The southern boundary is demarked by the Grand Union Canal and adjoining towpath.
Tenure: 250 year long leasehold with vacant possession
Price: Offers Invited
EPC: E (115) - 101-125
METHOD OF SALE
The subject property is for sale via informal tender. Currell Commercial are seeking bids by 12 noon on Monday 20th November 2017. A shortlist of interested parties will then be invited to submit their best and final bids. The Vendor reserves the right not to accept the highest, or any, offer made.
The vendor seeks a purchaser who will deliver the following:
1. A new, ground floor purpose built church hall with a gross internal area (GIA) of approximately 3,750 sq.ft / 348 sq.m
2. Plus two x 2 bed flats at first floor level of any proposed new development, one of which is to be south facing. It is possible that these flats could form part of any on-site affordable housing allocation, although this would be subject to agreement from the London Borough of Islington.
3. A capital receipt, payable on completion of the sale.
4. A suitable overage mechanism.
5. Currell Commercial’s fee will be payable by the purchasing developer. This will be calculated based on 2% of the gross sale price, plus 1% of the market value of the 2 flats and church hall.
1. The following is available on request:
• Official Copy Register & Title
• Proposed layout/plan, suggested elevations of the new ground floor church, subject to planning and specification of shell and core
2. The building is not currently elected for VAT.
3. Vendor’s legal fees are to be borne by the Purchaser.
4. The property is not listed and does not lie in within a Conservation area.
5. Investigations show there is a possibility of obtaining consent for a substantial residential development subject to planning. Buyers should seek their own advice.
6. Viewings strictly via sole agent: Currell Commercial.