Java Wharf and St Andrew’s Wharf are connected Grade II listed converted Victorian warehouses, which comprise 63 flats in total. Java Wharf takes its name from the slang for coffee, which was once stored and traded there.
The buildings back onto St Saviour’s dock, one of the most famous docks in Shad Thames. St Saviour’s was named by monks from Bermondsey Abbey, possibly as far back as 1081. In more recent times, Java Wharf & St Andrew’s Wharf have formed part of a backdrop that has inspired popular culture that includes Charles Dickens’ Oliver and James Bond.
Located at 16 and 12 Shad Thames respectively, Java Wharf and St Andrew’s Wharf are close to the City, as well as benefitting from a proximity to Borough market, Bermondsey Street and the attractions of the South Bank.