This one bedroom apartment available on a shared ownership, part-buy part-rent basis at The Iron Works development located on Pomeroy Street, New Cross.
Ideally located in vibrant central New Cross, The Iron Works is an integral part of the wider regeneration of the wider area - only minutes from the City and within easy reach of the rest of the capital.
These modern apartments combine contemporary interiors with flexible open-plan layouts. Each property has its own private outdoor space in the form of balcony or terrace to increase your enjoyment of your home and the area.
Finished to a high standard every apartment benefits from:
• High gloss kitchen units with quality slate effect worktops alongside fully integrated appliances
• Carpeting is provided throughout bedrooms, living area and hallways, with tiles in the kitchen and bathroom
• Modern white bathroom suite with shower over bath
• Audio / visual entry-phone system
• 10 year building warranty
What’s in New Cross?
• There are traditional quality pubs The Rose and The Amersham Arms alongside brunch stops like Chinwag (opposite Goldsmith’s library) and eateries such as New Cross House
• New Cross supports a new opera company, Opera Gold, run by students at Goldsmiths
• There are 5 primary schools within 10 minutes’ drive including John Donne and Myatt Garden, both highly rated by Ofsted
• Older children can choose from Harris Academy Peckham or St Thomas The Apostle College
• For basic amenities there are four supermarkets (Sainsburys, Aldi, Asda & Morrisons) between 10 and 20 minutes’ walk from The Iron Works
• Take a stroll to nearby Peckham Rye Common and Fordham Park or head over to Telegraph Hill Park for great views and a skate park
• Queens Road Peckham overground station (zone 2) is only five minutes’ walk away. Virtually all of inner London is reachable on the Overground line, from Clapham, Hampsetad and west London in one direction , to Canada Water, Stratford and Dalston in the other
• New Cross Gate Station is around seven minutes’ walk from the Iron Works; New Cross Station is around ten minutes’ walk and Peckham Rye Station is about a twenty minute walk away from The Iron Works
• Numerous bus routes pass along nearby Queens Road and Old Kent Road, providing easy access to the City: the 171/2 goes to Holborn & St Pauls, the 343 to City Hall on the South Bank, and the 53 to Whitehall. The 436 and 21 go to Lewisham where DLR connections are readily available.
Full market value: 387,500
Minimum share to purchase: 30%
Share value: £116,250
Mothly rent: £524
Monthly service Charge: £100
Minimum income: £43,174
Deposit 10%: £11,625
With London Bridge just 10 minutes away (via Queens Road Peckham Station) and travel into Shoreditch and Hackney taking as little as 14 minutes, Pomeroy Street is ideally located for easy transit across both London and the southeast region.
Priority will be given to those living/working in Lewisham but open to adjacent south east sub borough of Bromley, Southwark and Greenwich.
You may be eligible for this property if:
- You have a gross household income of no more than £90,000 per annum.
- You are unable to purchase a suitable home to meet your housing needs on the open market.
- You do not already own a home or you will have sold you current home before you purchase.
Please contact Currell Shared Ownership team on 0207 704 5618 or email@example.com to register your interest.